CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
GERALDTON CEMETERY BOARD
APPOINTMENT OF MEMBERS
Five positions on the Geraldton Cemetery Board are available to be filled. The positions, which can be made for a maximum term of five (5) years, will commence on 1 July 2021.
The Board is responsible for the care, control and management of the Geraldton Cemetery and members are required to attend Board meetings and to be active and willing to participate in Board projects and decisions.
Applicants should possess skills and/or experience advantageous to the governance of a Cemetery Board, in one or more of the following areas:
- corporate governance;
- financial management;
- risk management;
- involvement in community service organisations;
- legal matters;
- previous experience on community boards and committees.
Applicants should also address the following criteria:
- experience representing the local community in which the relevant cemetery is located;
- capacity to think and act strategically and operate effectively at the Board level;
- appreciation of the role of the Board within the community and an appreciation of local issues; and
- an understanding of the objectives, roles, duties and obligations of being a Board member.
An application pack for the position can be obtained by contacting Nicole Benham on 0899212707 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are to be received no later than 4pm on 2nd April 2021.