The Geraldton Cemetery Board are monitoring updates as they come to hand and following advice and direction from the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board and the Health Department of WA, we must make significant changes to our operations. The Board has resolved urgent measures with respect to the evolving COVID-19 crisis.
Due to the seriousness of the situation the below information will take effect immediately.
- As of the 6th June 2020 funeral directors are asked to monitor attended services and limit to 60 people per funeral service inside the crematorium & 300 people per outside funeral service, ensuring that the strict 2 metre squared per person rule is adhered to. Funeral directors are not to allow services to commence until this rule is complied with.
- The administration office will be closed to the general public. Funeral directors will still be allowed access to the building to drop off paperwork & pick up ashes for family. Please phone ahead for collection of ashes so we can have them prepared and ready for you.
- The online booking system is suspended until further notice. All bookings will need to be telephoned through between 9am – 3pm Monday to Friday.
- Wi-fi is now available for use in the crematorium, we hope this may assist in live streaming services to families that choose not to attend the services due to the current climate.
- There will be an indefinite hold on collection of ashes for the general public. This will be reviewed over the coming weeks as the situation progresses. Funeral directors are urged to collect ashes on the family’s behalf, with a statutory declaration.
We urge your assistance to ensure the safety of our families, mourners, funeral staff and employees to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For further information:
This advice may be subject to change at short notice and may be reviewed.